I should be writing part three of our adoption story … but real life intrudes!Â Our two oldest boys are going to Camp Cherry Valley on Catalina Island for a week of boy scout camp.Â Cheryl at TooManyHats and I had a few minutes of freaking out when we thought our boys were going to be there at the same time, but sadly her troop will be there the next week.Â Have I ever told you about all the similarities we have found in one another?Â It’s cool and weird all at once!
So, not only do we have to help them get their gear all together, we also are transporting 5 scouts in our van.Â We offered in order to help save us some money in getting them to camp.Â This camp is already SO expensive!Â So, Eric and I are leaving Sunday morning – well, technically it’s still night – along with 5 scouts.Â After dropping them off, we will spend a couple of days with my cousin and her daughter.Â Then we’ll be home for a few days and head back down there again to bring them home.Â Thank God for Grammy who will watch the two littles.
Completely out of left field, for those of you who make your own frozen waffles…how do you store them?Â Obviously popping them in a freezer bag did not give me the results I wanted.Â The waffles are still good after toasting them, but getting them apart was a mess!Â So, is there a trick or something I missed?
My mind is all a jumble…here is what is running through it:
- Need to call the groomers to get an appt for Tuvok & Janeway
- Need to call another mom to see if boys can get a ride home with her from youth group tonight
- Need to WORK!!
- Need to do laundry and start packing
- Do boys need jackets for Catalina Island??
- What will I do with the chicken thighs that are in my frig and need to be cooked?
- I need to get some cash for card making class tonight. I look forward to it…maybe I’ll finally decide if I want to keep (and use) all my stamping stuff or sell it.
- I need to decide if I can go to the quilt store on Saturday with my friends or if I need to pass. :(Â I hope I can go, but…well, things are crazy.
OK…this isn’t helping.Â Guess I’ll go throw the chicken in the crockpot, make a few phone calls and then work.Â Look for part three later today or tomorrow.