1. Given the chance, would you like to live in outer space? Explain.Probably only because given the chance, that is where my husband would be! LOL And, zero gravity sounds like fun! However, I’d miss simple things like grass, trees, clouds, the ocean. So, while I’d like to visit, I wouldn’t want to live there!
2. Are prenuptials a good idea, or pessmistic?I believe they are making provision for the future end of your marriage. I believe they are pessimistic.
3. What is your favorite type of weather?I love rain and snow….if I have somewhere warm and cozy to watch it from! 😉 Otherwise I love those beautiful days of spring where the day is still cool but the sun is bright and warming!
I’ve been so busy with my new weight loss blog and excercising (which I’m loving BTW) that I forgot to give any updates all weekend!
But now that I think about it…there isn’t that much to say! LOL We had our guild meeting on Saturday and it looks like we might do 5 or 6 Renn faires this year. I need to sew some costumes for the boys and make myself a new chemise, skirt and do something with my bodice – add some bones or something.
Sunday DH preached and I really enjoyed church – haven’t done that in awhile. But, again, I’m so glad he’s not the pastor there…we can worship and enjoy ourselves and not have to worry about politics and all that! Speaking of Eric today we find out about the temporary full-time position at the jr high school. But if that doesn’t work out we are still ok since he has so many after school teaching offers he’s going to have to turn some down. He also needs to call this week and find out about getting enrolled in the credentialling program. At least the decision has been made now.
I’ve gotta get off this computer and get busy cleaning this house. The kids are coughing up a storm so I decided no school today – I’ll clean they’ll lay around and watch old movies. More later!!
I’m going to Natomas to meet a few PWs and their kids today! I’m jazzed.
Sometime today or Monday we find out if DH gets that temporary teaching position – I’m hoping so!! He got another job offer last night for 6 (maybe 10) more hours of afterschool work….added to the 4 hours he already was asked to do and that would be 10-14 hours after school. So even if the full-time position falls through, we will be ok….until June. Everything is ….until June – I have NO idea what will happen after that. SOOOO scary!
But I think all this has made us realize that Eric really must enroll in the certification program – there are job opportunities out there and we wouldn’t have to move! PTL! We’ll need to look into financial aid as soon as possible. I need to keep reminding myself that this education can’t possibly cost as much as Seminary did. I just hoped we could have paid off Seminary before making another change! We got so close! :/
What else? I might be quiet this weekend. I need to work on a meal plan for this new way of eating (see my new blog for upcoming details – Step By Step) and figure out my other goals (excercise, water intake, etc).
I’ve gotta get off this computer and dry my hair! Talk to you soon! Hey! Write back – via comments or tags so I don’t feel like I’m talking to myself!!!
Debi – thank you for the great note! I’m going to be emailing you as soon as I can!! Love you!
Oh my word! It’s Thursday – I totally forgot! Thanks Valarie for the reminder! LOL
Here is what I’m thankful for right now….
…this potential job for DH. And, the possibility that it could be permanent. It’s so nice to have hope again!
…my children – who are fighting over a toy. And, that they have toys to be fighting over!
…even though I hate it…I’m thankful for this apartment – where my family can live, fight 🙂 and love!
DH has a part-time (temp through May – but longer if the funds come in) job as the Director of Development for our local crisis pregnancy group. He’s also been substituting at the local schools. And, doing some intercession (teaching during breaks) and in Feb will start an after school program with some jr highers.
For the last three days or so we’ve been trying to finalize what we are going to do. Return to ministry (which most likely means moving away) or Dh will enroll in a teaching certificate program (which means more debt and no guaranteed job). We didn’t come to a definite decision except that, for right now, we can not fathom leaving….and this might sound strange to some, but we can’t leave Josh.
Just today we had a big fight. It came down to me saying ‘well, no one is going to call and offer you a job’ and also I was very angry to think we’d end up with more debt. I realize that my monthly cycle probably had alot to do with the fight :/ Anyway, this afternoon he gets a call at home. It’s one of the local jr high vice principles. She wants to offer him a job temporarily teaching language arts (he’s preferred class)! We are floored! She got his name from Sacramento State – where Eric’s only talked to them about the program….not enrolled yet.
Now the problem comes – he’s made a commitment until May part-time with the pregnancy support group – and the afterschool program too. I want him to do them all since they are all temporary! LOL But that would be at least 60 hrs of work a week.
We don’t know what to do! Oh! She did say that the teaching position had the potential of being permanent! We just don’t know if she realizes that he doesn’t have his teaching credentials – she might just end up saying – “No Thanks” tomorrow!!
Please pray for us….and if you have any advice….please share!
Also, I’m starting a weight loss blog at http://stepbystep.osbornz.net … More on that later!