1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
Yes, when we have it. But since we live in N. California again, I look forward to temps in the 50s with fog possible. But, NOTHING beats family and the holiday spirit while snow is falling outdoors!
2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect?
This year will be so hard for us since it’s our first holiday without Josh – he would have been 1.5 this Christmas. 🙁 So, nothing will be ideal until we are all together again in Heaven. Sorry for that bit of reality
3. Do you do have any holiday traditions?
We did – things are changing – guess it’s time to think of some new ones. We did put up all the kids personalized stockings and hung their personalized ornaments on the tree. We are doing out child-friendly advent calendar and will probably continue our tradition of reading about Christ’s birth on Christmas morning.
4. Do you do anything to help the needy?
We usually do – this year it seems we are on the receiving in….we’ve been so blessed by our church family this year.
5. What one gift would you like for yourself?
A full-time job with health care for my husband. Nothing would make me happier!
I just joined a new group where we have pledged to share what we are thankful for on Thursdays. (Link to your left) So, here is my first list:
1. My Mom – for without her testimony and faithfulness I would not have been priviledged to find the Lord at an early age. And, she taught us to enjoy the simple things in life.
2. My Husband – who taught me to recognize what I am feeling and, more importantly, how to express that!
3. My sons – You learn so much about yourself and about our Heavenly Father by raising children. I’m sure they are going to be teaching me more and more over the coming years.
4. The Internet – a way to reach out while I stay home and mold these young lives. Sometimes it’s lonely, but good friends are only a keyboard away!
5. My dishwasher – ok…getting practical here! I looooove my dishwasher! I don’t know how I’d get anything done with out it! LOL Of course, if I didn’t have one…the boys would be learning how to wash dishes! LOL
A lady from church just delivered about 8 boxes of food and other products! It was SUCH a blessing! There were chickens and ground beef for the freezer – toothbrushes and diapers – mac n’ cheese and jello boxes! Tortillas and beans for soup! Milk and juice! Laundry soap and even new scrubbers for my sink!
Now we are able to use our grocery money to buy gifts! Praise the Lord!!
Since I’m in a LOTR mood today – here are our Elvish Names:
I’m Larien Elensar, married to Elladan and mother to: Lenw?, Elladan, Findec?no and Elw?