DH has a part-time (temp through May – but longer if the funds come in) job as the Director of Development for our local crisis pregnancy group. He’s also been substituting at the local schools. And, doing some intercession (teaching during breaks) and in Feb will start an after school program with some jr highers.

For the last three days or so we’ve been trying to finalize what we are going to do. Return to ministry (which most likely means moving away) or Dh will enroll in a teaching certificate program (which means more debt and no guaranteed job). We didn’t come to a definite decision except that, for right now, we can not fathom leaving….and this might sound strange to some, but we can’t leave Josh.

Just today we had a big fight. It came down to me saying ‘well, no one is going to call and offer you a job’ and also I was very angry to think we’d end up with more debt. I realize that my monthly cycle probably had alot to do with the fight :/ Anyway, this afternoon he gets a call at home. It’s one of the local jr high vice principles. She wants to offer him a job temporarily teaching language arts (he’s preferred class)! We are floored! She got his name from Sacramento State – where Eric’s only talked to them about the program….not enrolled yet.

Now the problem comes – he’s made a commitment until May part-time with the pregnancy support group – and the afterschool program too. I want him to do them all since they are all temporary! LOL But that would be at least 60 hrs of work a week.

We don’t know what to do! Oh! She did say that the teaching position had the potential of being permanent! We just don’t know if she realizes that he doesn’t have his teaching credentials – she might just end up saying – “No Thanks” tomorrow!!

Please pray for us….and if you have any advice….please share!

Also, I’m starting a weight loss blog at http://stepbystep.osbornz.net … More on that later!

I just received this email… 🙁


I don’t know what to say but you know it is bad when the hospital

will let you get on-line and they don’t normally give access to

patient’s families.

I was pulled in for consult alone and they tell me that nothing is

working. I don’t have time for anymore details. But if all of you

would let any of your other list know and prayer chains that they

aren’t giving Barry any hope of much of a recovery. He isn’t

responding to any of the medicines or treatments to reduce swelling

on the brain.

Pray that God’s will be done. I put him in God’s hands last night. I

know God will take care of him one way or another. Maybe not my way

but for Barry’s best.

Love you,


Please pray for Rachel, Barry and Nate Moore in South Carolina. Barry was in an auto accident yesterday in Columbia SC. Here is an abbreviated update we got this morning…..


Keep praying. I just got a call from Rachel. Barry’s injuries are bad. The Dr.s said his condition was serious and that he had broken every bone in his lower face and skull. he is currently in a coma and they are monitoring him and keeping an eye on him. The Dr. also said they had not seen a case that bad with so many fractures. I really can relate to someone who posted earlier tonight about how the English language is not enough, and for God to read our hearts.

Oh Father of healing, Rachel and Nate Need Barry. Please, God, restore his healing so he can be with his family. Allow him to awaken with no brain damageand be fully restored. Hear our prayers oh God and we ask you to honor them. In the precious name of your Healing pwer, we pray, AMEN

Remember, sisters, that about a year and a half ago, we were all on our knees on Rache’ls behalf.

Keep praying.


Today I woke up … and didn’t feel like crying right away!! The sun was shinning and it was probably a high of 40 but it was too beautiful to stay inside so we braved it. After doing the necessary online stuff (and a bit unnecessary – anyone know of a good place to learn how to quilt for free? Nah, I didn’t find it either sigh) I bundled up the boys and headed out. Eric was helping his dad move a few more things for his sister and BIL so I headed over to see my mom (who’s sick). Then I met with a friend to visit someone who is no longer HSing any longer and giving away some curriculum. I took as many of the references tools as I could and about 20 Boxcar children books. I also picked up a complete set of McGuffey readers – not sure why, but I’ve always wanted to check them out.

Tonight my niece(7) is spending the night and will go to church with us tomorrow…and my boys are being hyper! LOL Well, I’m getting off this computer and going to watch an old movie. Sorry so boring….but at least I’m not depressing again! 😉

Today my oldest turns 9. I wish, for his sake, I could get a handle on my emotions and cheer up. But I’m just not doing too well. Grief really does suck. I’m not sure why our family has been a target of so much depressing stuff this year, but I sure hope that 2004 is better. Please Lord, let it be better for us!