It’s almost been a year since we lost Joshie. I wanted a new look for my journal – and was so excited to find this webset. I’ve never paid for a webset before but as soon as I saw it, I recognized how perfect it was for my blog! It came with so many backgrounds that I’m sure I’ll never use them all!
I think I’m doing pretty good considering this is the month we lost Josh last year. I’m constantly surprised at how fresh the pain seems and how distant the memories. Just a week or so ago, we found a picture of Josh, his brothers and my niece & nephew that we didn’t realize we had taken. It was taken about a month before he died. 🙁
Now that I’ve made myself cry…I’m going to cut this short. Hope you enjoy the new look. I’ll try to write more tomorrow.
This blog seems so neglected lately. It’s just that this new weight loss regime and homeschooling are taking up so much of my time.
And, to be honest….as we get closer to February 22, I am getting more ‘surface’. Do you know what I mean by that? I’m less willing to look inside and see the pain and hurt. I’m less willing to share my pain and hurt. I’m just trying to get through this season of pain and grief. I’m smiling more and talking less…not a good thing. It’s like a mask of “Fine” that I’m praying no one will try to look behind. 🙁
1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails?
It is a graphic a friend made for me with my name and then links to my blog and website. I need to add my weight loss blog to it too.
2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? What was it? If you haven’t graduated yet, what would you like your quote to be?
Our yearbook didn’t do that….I probably would have included something from the 80s! LOL My favorite song from back then is still “Don’t worry, Be Happy” LOL
3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? If you already have them, what do they say?
I’d like Amerkins – that’s what my Gpa called me…but I can’t find a way to shorten it that doesn’t read Americans. Amrkins? Amerkns?
What I do have around my license plate is USS Osbornz Mothership (it’s a white van). The other vehicle in the fleet is a small white car – and it says USS Osbornz Shuttlecraft. Yes, DH is a Star Trek fan! LOL
4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say?
The only one I can think of is one we received as a wedding gift. Someone took our wedding invitation and had it engraved onto a plaque. We hang it with our wedding pics…it’s beautiful!
5. What would you like your epitaph to be?
What a bummer! How about, “Well done good and faithful servant?” Or “Don’t Worry, Be Happy!” LOL
1. Given the chance, would you like to live in outer space? Explain.Probably only because given the chance, that is where my husband would be! LOL And, zero gravity sounds like fun! However, I’d miss simple things like grass, trees, clouds, the ocean. So, while I’d like to visit, I wouldn’t want to live there!
2. Are prenuptials a good idea, or pessmistic?I believe they are making provision for the future end of your marriage. I believe they are pessimistic.
3. What is your favorite type of weather?I love rain and snow….if I have somewhere warm and cozy to watch it from! 😉 Otherwise I love those beautiful days of spring where the day is still cool but the sun is bright and warming!
I’ve been so busy with my new weight loss blog and excercising (which I’m loving BTW) that I forgot to give any updates all weekend!
But now that I think about it…there isn’t that much to say! LOL We had our guild meeting on Saturday and it looks like we might do 5 or 6 Renn faires this year. I need to sew some costumes for the boys and make myself a new chemise, skirt and do something with my bodice – add some bones or something.
Sunday DH preached and I really enjoyed church – haven’t done that in awhile. But, again, I’m so glad he’s not the pastor there…we can worship and enjoy ourselves and not have to worry about politics and all that! Speaking of Eric today we find out about the temporary full-time position at the jr high school. But if that doesn’t work out we are still ok since he has so many after school teaching offers he’s going to have to turn some down. He also needs to call this week and find out about getting enrolled in the credentialling program. At least the decision has been made now.
I’ve gotta get off this computer and get busy cleaning this house. The kids are coughing up a storm so I decided no school today – I’ll clean they’ll lay around and watch old movies. More later!!