If this works – this should be a link to my Amazon Wishlist. 🙂
I’ve heard from several friends who have tried to leave comments and couldn’t – and I really love to get those comments!! SO, I’m going back to unprotected method (sigh). I can’t seem to find any other way! So, I’ll take the good and the bad – at least I can delete the bad before anyone else sees it.
So, please – leave me a comment!!!! 🙂
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I avoid Red Heart, but I like Lion Brand. I’m more ruled by price than by preference…but I love a good sale for trying out some of the higher end yarns.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do not spin – but I’ve crocheted for about 17 years. I’ve only been knitting for about 2 years. I definitely prefer knitting now.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
They are everywhere! Do you know of a good storage? Seriously, I keep all my yarn and stuff in two places – and my needles in one of those places….just hanging out. Makes me sort of crazy!
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting about 2 yrs. I’ve knit some challenging stuff – socks and personalized Christmas stockings….but I’m not advanced. I want to do a sweater, but I’m scared. This year is the year I will find a sweater I like and knit it! I’m also going to find a sock pattern I can wear!!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I’ll need to find the link…
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, Gardenia…really anything but roses!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes!! Hot Tamales, anything chocolate, coffee Nips
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I used to scrapbook but knitting has sort of take over! 😉
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like it all – Anything from Frank Sinatra to Toby Keith! Yes my laptop can play MP3s.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I really like purples! I think the only color I avoid is orange.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married (almost 19 years) and we have 4 sons – J1 is 11, J2 is 9 and J3 is 5. Our youngest son, Joshua, died in 2003 at 8 mos old. 🙁 You can read more about him in my archives.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I like scarves, would like to find a hat I can wear for my early morning walks, not fond of mittens, and haven’t done the poncho thing -no real reason why. It’s not really cold enough here in N. Calif to warrant too many outer garments.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I’m not sure I have a favorite! Well, I do like cotton alot. I love the way it feels as it knits up!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I used a mohair-like acrylic on the Christmas stocking I did this year. It gave me the willies to touch it! LOL Not sure if a real mohair would bug me as much. Probably
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I want find a sock pattern I can wear. I wear an 10/11 in womens and have yet to find a pattern to fit me! 🙁
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks – lots of variety. I participate in monthly dishcloth KALs in a yahoogroup and I love the short, quick success!
17. What are you knitting right now?
Socks for me (I hope), crocheting a shawl for my Mom’s birthday end of January, Ripple Shawl for me (low priority). I like to do several things at once.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo first, then plastic. I don’t like the scratching that aluminum makes when you knit with them.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
22. How did you learn to knit?
I took a class with my mom.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 year old blanket for my DH – turns out I hate the acrylic yarn and don’t want to finish it even though he asks me to all the time. 🙁
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I like lambs – my nickname is BelovedLamb (Amy means Beloved, Rae-my middle name- means lamb)
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Creative Knits – I’d like to find another one but I’ve yet to find one I like. Thank God for Knitty!!
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I’d love a copy of the first Stitch & Bitch book. I don’t own it and would love my own copy.
29. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
No, just need to get the nerve up to actually make myself a sweater. Which means finding a pattern I love and think I can do!
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I wear a 10-11 in womens
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
August 2, 1966 – yes, this is the big 4-0 year!
I can’t wait to start! I look forward to hearing from you – learning about your life – and making a new friend! 🙂
Perri tagged me – and asked me not to send any hitmen! lol Since it’s so close to her birthday, I guess I’ll let it slide! So here we go – first the rule:
“The first player of this game starts with the topic five weird habits of yourself and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals.”
Amy’s 5 weird habits
1) I feel a moral responsibility to reply to every tag I EVER recieve. Now that is weird!! 😉
2) If there is anything remotely scary on tv or at the movies – I cover my eyes with my four fingers and put my thumbs over my ears – just like I’ve done since I was 4 years old!
3) I like refried bean sandwiches! What? You’ve never had one? lol Well, that just means you were never as poor or creative as we were! 😉 Cold refried beans on whole wheat bread with a dash of salt – yum!!
4) I love Mythbusters – I love these geeky science shows! And, you never know what you are going to learn from them! Did you know that ginger beat EVERY other form of seasickness medicine out there – for someone like me that’s good news!
5) I can’t drive and laugh at the same time. I have what my family calls “smiling eyes” and I literally can not see when I’m laughing! How’s that for weird?