1. List your five favorite beverages.
Coffee with Cinnamon Vanilla Creamer
Rum & Coke
2. List your five favorite websites.
http://www.osbornz.net (of course! 🙂
3. List your five favorite snack foods.
4. List your five favorite board and/or card games.
Spite & Malice (Cards)
Kings Corners (Cards)
5. List your five favorite computer and/or game system games.
Crossword puzzles at http://games.yahoo.com
Bookworm at http://games.yahoo.com
Diamond Mine at http://games.yahoo.com
Collapse at http://games.yahoo.com
Avalanche at http://games.yahoo.com
(Yeah, I gotta get out more! LOL)
Today J3 turned three! However, when he awoke this morning, he didn’t like the idea of a birthday AT ALL! 🙂 He crawled into my lap and his daddy and I started to sing “Happy Birthday” but he got very upset! “No bud-day” “No three, two!” But he eventually came around! 😉
We let him open one of the gifts we gave him this morning (Billy Blazes talking Rescue Hero) but the rest will wait until we go out for Pizza tonight with Grammy. His other grandparents have a Christmas party tonight.
The other part of our day involved taking him back to the Opthamalagist (sp?? Eye doctor) to check on his eye problem (Intermittnet something-or-other…when I have time to look up the word again, I”ll edit this entry). It was determined that it is getting worse and surgery has been schedule for March. Which gives Eric and I time to pray and research whether this is what we want to do. I guess surgery is best because it is both his eyes, not just one eye.
Well, I’d better get off this silly machine and ice those cupcakes! Or as J3 calls them ‘MY cakes”! 🙂
From zero to done!! Yesterday the only Christmas gift I had ready was the quilt I made for my sister-in-law (which I just realized I forgot to take a picture of! Argh!)
But yesterday DH and I hit the stores and we are done! Everything is bought, paid for, wrapped and under the tree! We even talked our 7 yr old out of the parakeet for Christmas (he’s going to wait until his next birthday in September – Phew! I’m not ready for a pet yet!)
It feels soooo good to have it done!
1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
Yes, when we have it. But since we live in N. California again, I look forward to temps in the 50s with fog possible. But, NOTHING beats family and the holiday spirit while snow is falling outdoors!
2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect?
This year will be so hard for us since it’s our first holiday without Josh – he would have been 1.5 this Christmas. 🙁 So, nothing will be ideal until we are all together again in Heaven. Sorry for that bit of reality
3. Do you do have any holiday traditions?
We did – things are changing – guess it’s time to think of some new ones. We did put up all the kids personalized stockings and hung their personalized ornaments on the tree. We are doing out child-friendly advent calendar and will probably continue our tradition of reading about Christ’s birth on Christmas morning.
4. Do you do anything to help the needy?
We usually do – this year it seems we are on the receiving in….we’ve been so blessed by our church family this year.
5. What one gift would you like for yourself?
A full-time job with health care for my husband. Nothing would make me happier!
I just joined a new group where we have pledged to share what we are thankful for on Thursdays. (Link to your left) So, here is my first list:
1. My Mom – for without her testimony and faithfulness I would not have been priviledged to find the Lord at an early age. And, she taught us to enjoy the simple things in life.
2. My Husband – who taught me to recognize what I am feeling and, more importantly, how to express that!
3. My sons – You learn so much about yourself and about our Heavenly Father by raising children. I’m sure they are going to be teaching me more and more over the coming years.
4. The Internet – a way to reach out while I stay home and mold these young lives. Sometimes it’s lonely, but good friends are only a keyboard away!
5. My dishwasher – ok…getting practical here! I looooove my dishwasher! I don’t know how I’d get anything done with out it! LOL Of course, if I didn’t have one…the boys would be learning how to wash dishes! LOL