Wow – I didn’t post a single thing yesterday. Â Well, I would have, but I removed my Twitter stream from my blog (you can see it in the sidebar – or at the bottom of the page if you are view this on a mobile device – and I’m still active there) in attempts to make myself do a real blog post – something more than 140 characters. Â But there are days where more than 140 characters at one time is just too much for me. Â Yesterday had highs and lows and fun and tears.
One new thing in our life, myÂ in-lawsÂ will be coming over twice a week to eat a meal with us – the family is hoping to relieve some of their stress regarding preparation/clean-up and I make a big meal every.single.day for my family so why not? Â I hope it is enough to help.
The Bible study is going and starting my day in the Word/Journal/Prayer really helps me be intentional all day. Â Learning some new things about myself and God too!
In the homeschool department, J2 and I have 7 more days of school in front of us – summeritis is hitting us hard! Â But we are persevering to finish what we intended to do. Â Yeah for us!
For the kiddos who are going to public school, we are waiting to hear the results of Sissy’s testing to determine what next year will be like. Â Hoping for a modified K/1 opportunity for her. Â J3 is so ready to be done with p.s. Â Hubs talked to the principal about the bullying we are seeing and assures us that one more ‘incident’ and a certain kid will be gone. I am praying that incident won’t involve my kid. Â J3 is definitely more on the homeschool band wagon that ever before!
OH! Another thing I am trying to incorporate in my life (more of that intentional stuff) is to add Scripture memorization. Â I posted a picture on instagram yesterday of my current verse (let’s see if this works)
If you can’t read that (I need new dry erase markers) it is Proverbs 16:3 “Commit it to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.” Â Trying to memorize it, trying to live it!
What about you? Memorizing anything? Â Being intentional? What does that look like in your life?
Today I learned…
- My brain doesn’t understand Saturday. Â I guess when you wake up all week at 5am, my brain and body just keeps doing it.
- My dogs don’t understand Saturday. Â The minute they hear the microwave warming up my coffee, they start barking to go outside.
- My youngest doesn’t understand Saturday. Â She woke up an hour earlier than her normal waking time! Â WHA?!
- My youngest can’t look at a book without asking me tons of questions and sharing it with me. Â (but I was a good mommy – I listened and explained and was patient. Where is my gold star?) Â Tomorrow I will have an audio book or a videoÂ (and head phones) on my iPad ready for her to enjoy if we have a repeat.
- I can do about a 5 second plank (#helloexercise) lol oh well, I tried and will keep trying!
- Learned tons about doing my own Bible study via the book “Savoring Living Water” from QuenchBible.comÂ Â Some of it was old stuff, a few things were new concepts but it all refreshed my soul! Â I needed that this morning – even if it was interrupted by walruses, sea lions, hammerhead sharks and sea stars! 😉
What have you learned today?
Many years ago, I first heard the term intentional as relates to living our lives, parenting our kids. Â It really resonated with me. Â I don’t want to miss the short time we have together, I want to be intentional, purposeful. Â I want to be sure and make the best use of the time we have together. Â The past few years of chaos have led to the exact opposite of that. Â I wasn’t intentional, I was just reacting. Â I was never ahead of that giant ball of life. Â I got ran over more than I’d like to admit and I was starting to feel and sound like victim. Â I did not like it!
I decided that 2013 I would work to change that. Â I figured out what was important to me and then I started to make some small changes (blogging more has been one of these changes).
This week, the biggest change I made was to join an online community of women called HelloMornings
. Â It is a 13-week challenge to maximize your mornings. Â You can do it via twitter or facebook – I even think there are some instagram groups. Â They are registering
for the Summer session right now – it will run from May 6th through August 2nd – my birthday! 🙂 Â Registration will close on Friday, May 3rd – so take some time to think about whether this is what the Lord would have you do.
There is a free Bible Study for all participants -Â Meet Jesus
, a walk through the book of John. Â But I think I read on the site you don’t have to do that study if you are already in another study. Â I am not, could not find one that fits my life, so I am REALLY looking forward to this part of the challenge. Â Please note, perfection is not a requirement for this group (it’s just a trap). Â Just a desire to start your day with God and a comment to check in with your group.
If you want to do this, but you don’t want to go alone, contact me
, I’d love to encourage you!